What your child will learn:
Communication & Language> Understanding> 22-36 months
- Developing understanding of simple concepts
C&L> U> 30-50 months
- Shows understanding of preposition such as 'under', 'on', 'behind' by carrying out an action or selecting correct picture.
- Following instructions: In play ask the child to follow instructions containing age appropriate concepts (e.g. “Let’s feed the big bear” or “Drive your car under the table”).
- Play games where you take it in turns to hide toys around the room (e.g. “Put the car on the table” or “Hide your teddy behind the couch”).
- Hide and Seek: Once you locate the child or they locate you, get them to say where they were hiding (e.g. In the cupboard, under the bed, behind the curtain).