What your child will be learning:
Physical Development> Moving & Handling> 22-36 months>
- Beginning to use three fingers (tripod grip) to hold writing tools
- May be beginning to show preference for dominant hand.
- uses one-handed tools and equipment
- Holds pencil between thumb and two fingers, no longer using whole-hand grasp.
- Holds pencil near point between first two fingers and thumb and uses it with good control.
Use the name template in the phonics tab to write your name. You can practice one or more letters each day. Think about how you should hold the pencil.
Physical Development> Moving and handling>30-50 months>
- Can stand momentarily on one foot when shown.